At EWOB we support the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the 2030 Agenda. As a non-profit organisation, we choose to operate in an efficient and agile manner. Our ESG commitment is focused on SDG5–Gender Equality, the key area of our work and mission, and on SDG13–Climate Action, knowing that we can also contribute to protecting the Planet by limiting our carbon footprint.
As such, we have put in place the following measures to meet our ESG commitment:
- As part of our EWOB objective to increase gender equality in decision-making, we are committed to achieve the EU Directive of 40% Women on Boards by 2026.
- All our EWOB staff and EWOB governance bodies operate remotely. As we have no offices, we have eliminated any commuting.
- The EWOB Executive Committee and EWOB Board meet only once per year in person.
- Our travel guidelines foresee that when travel is requested for EWOB staff or members, public transportation is the preferred option, unless this would extend the travel time disproportionally.
- All EWOB events and trainings are delivered online, with only occasional graduation/closeout sessions in person.
- Local Chapter in-person meeting with members, in selected European cities, are limited to 1 event per month on average.
The Chairs, the Executive Team and the Board are proud to support this sustainability commitment, thereby limiting our environmental impact on the Planet and improving Gender Diversity in decision-making.